December 13, 2007

Bottle Pirate Ship

A while ago I think I mentioned toying with the idea of building a pirate ship out of bottles. An idea became a reality over the last two months and now I'm the proud parent of a plastic bottle pirate ship.

I used 5 rolls of duct tape, 1 roll of twine, and 420 Poland Spring water bottles to create the ship. It took about 40 man-hours and I'm turning it in for my HASS class tomorrow morning. The question now is how to get it through the 6 inches of snow to the Media Lab . . .





I'm going to try to sail it in the Charles River soon, I'll let you know how that goes. . .

2 comments:

Paul said...

I remember seeing that thing in the BC game room, I had no idea it was yours. Where'd you get the water bottles?

Anonymous said...

What was the assignment you made that for?? Looks really cool.