November 10, 2005

Rubik's Cube!

Rubik's Cube! I was thinking today. . .How could I not have made a rubik's cube blog yet? There was a period of time in my life where I was absolutely obsessed with rubik's cubes. I can still solve them, but not with the amount of speed and finess that I used to be able to do it with. I think my record is 25 seconds. . .but my average (without having practiced in a long time) is about a minute and a half. With some warming up and a good cube I can get it under a minute pretty regularly. I'm even a renowned Rubik's Cube Celebrity! On a cruise to Mexico I solved several Rubik's Cubes on stage in front of a packed, standing room only, audience of 2500 people. There were strobe lights, fast music, and lots of screaming and yelling, it was pretty intense! Anyway, this is a picture of the 25th anniversary cube that I'm buying today, I just thought I'd show it off. It has a silver side instead of a white side, pretty spiffy. Let me know if you want to know more about rubik's cubes or how to solve them, I'll help you out. Posted by Picasa

No comments: